[SciPy-user] removing certain dates from a time series

Marco Tuckner marcotuckner@public-files...
Thu Apr 3 06:24:30 CDT 2008

Hello Pierre,
thanks for your response.

> Don't remove the dates, just mask the corresponding data, as illustrated in
> the following
Thanks for your demonstration code.
But in this case I really want to remove the values and dates.

Let's suppose I have physically invalid/not plausible values on other dates
(e.g. 12-Jan, 15-Feb). I would certaily mask these values. Maybe then estimate
them later with correlation or interpolation.
But I don't want to use the data of 29-Feb at all neither masked nor interpoled.
If I mask 29-Feb and continue my timeseries operation I would for instance get
different monthly or annual averages.

Therefore I would like to exclude that date completely.

Do you understand my point?
Is there any suggestion you could give?

Thanks and kind regards,
Marco