[SciPy-user] removing certain dates from a time series

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Apr 3 10:38:04 CDT 2008

Marco

On Thursday 03 April 2008 07:24:30 Marco Tuckner wrote:
> But I don't want to use the data of 29-Feb at all neither masked nor
> interpoled. If I mask 29-Feb and continue my timeseries operation I would
> for instance get different monthly or annual averages.

Please give me an example where masking Feb 29 wouldn't give you the result
you expect.

> Therefore I would like to exclude that date completely.

The problem with deleting these dates is that you won't be able to use the
convert function afterwards, as it requires a regularly-spaced time series to
work.