[SciPy-user] conforming to Python GIL...

Fri Apr 4 12:09:03 CDT 2008

> What do you mean? Currently only lapack wrappers in scipy use threadsafe
> and there has been no attempts to use it elsewhere in scipy, awaik.
> I don't understand whether you consider it as a bad or good thing.

Really, the lapack wrappers have threadsafe?  I'll have to check again.
Yesterday, when I looked at the f2py-generated code for gesv I did not
see any evidence of releasing of the GIL.

I suspect that the GIL should be released for most of the lapack code as
well.   Is there much overhead that way?

-Travis O.