[SciPy-user] How to draw a 3D graphic of a function?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Fri Apr 11 08:09:44 CDT 2008

Hello,

You could use PIL to write the matrix out as an image and open it in
an external viewer (the TIFF format supports 32-bit floating point
data, and at least ImageJ can open these files fine), or use
matplotlib to plot the matrix as an image, or use Gnuplot / gnuplot.py
to display a wireframe/surface view of the matrix.

This list is of course very incomplete, and none of the packages are
in scipy. No matter though -- most are easy to get and install, and
are quite useful. It's certainly worth the time to learn matplotlib
and/or Gnuplot.

Zach