[SciPy-user] ndimage - why is output_type deprecated ?

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Wed Apr 16 10:36:43 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  You want the 'output' parameter, which either takes a pre-allocated
>  array, OR a dtype.
>
>  This is a bit confusing, overloaded-API-wise, and there's also a bug
>  in (at least) ndimage.zoom with pre-allocated arrays(*). But the
>  functionality is there.
>
>  Zach

Hi Zach,

thanks for the info.
But I have to say, that this is a really non-intuitive overloading.

I would suggest, to use a separate keyword argument like
"dtype" instead.
"dtype"  is used for this already in many other functions like
np.array, np.zeros, np.empty, .....
I would have never guessed -- the doc strings didn't say either ....

Thanks again,
Sebastian Haase