[SciPy-user] Python(x, y) - New release 1.1.0 --> Hooray for Pyhon(x, y)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Apr 17 03:07:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Mark Bakker <markbak@gmail.com> wrote:

> The new Enthought distribution with eggs just isn't convenient for teaching
> a class. Users want a one-click install. And sorting through Eggs is
> undoable for the beginner.

While the new EPD does have an egg repository and individual packages
can be continuously updated from it, we also build an MSI for Windows
for initial installation.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."