[SciPy-user] Polynomial interpolation

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven...
Mon Apr 21 05:07:15 CDT 2008

On 21 Apr 2008, at 08:02, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Talking about derivatives, does anyone know whether
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_differentiation
>
> is of value?  It's been on my TODO list for a while, but I haven't
> gotten round to studying it in detail.

I think the Scientific.Functions.Derivatives subpackage  of Konrad
Hinsen has such functionality. Also, to come back to the original
thread subject,  Scientific.Functions.Interpolation is also able to
generate Interpolators (don't know the algorithm).

However, last time I checked, Scientific had no stable version for
NumPy, only for the old Numeric package (which is the reason why I
haven't used Scientific anymore). That was quite some time ago,
though, so it may have changed by now.

Cheers,
Joris