[SciPy-user] ANN: EPD - Enthought Python Distribution released

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Apr 22 04:13:28 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Stef Mientki <stef.mientki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Travis Vaught wrote:
>  > Greetings,
>  >
>  > Enthought is pleased to announce the release of the Enthought Python
>  > Distribution (EPD) version 2.5.2001.
>  >
>  > http://www.enthought.com/epd
>  >
>  >
>  Could someone tell me the difference between EPD and ETS ?
>  If I look at the summary, I see
>   EPD = ETS + 10 other packages,
>  but 8 of the 10 other packages are already in ETS ???

A bit more than that:

  http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlibraries.php

To add to Gaël's statement, most of the Enthought Tool Suite (ETS) was
written by Enthought with notable contributions like Prabhu and Gaël's
work on Mayavi (which builds on the rest of the ETS). The Enthought
Python Distribution (EPD) is a binary distribution of Python and a
large number of third-party packages, most of which we didn't write.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco