[SciPy-user] OpenOpt: ralg crash

Eli Brosh ebrosh@nana10.co...
Sun Aug 3 21:14:59 CDT 2008

Hello,

I encountered problems with the ralg solver in OpenOpt.
the example nlp_3.py, supplied with the OpenOpt library crashed on two computers.
On an ubuntu linux machine, the program simply stopped without further information.
On a windows machine, with entought suite, there was a windows error message "pythonw caused a fatal error and it will be closed".
The problem disappeared when I erased ralg from the solvers list. It did not occur with lincher and scipy_cobyla
solvers.
On both machines, the openopt installation was from the latest tarball (no more than week old).

What is the problem ?
Can it be corrected ?

Another small request concerning OpenOpt.
Is it possible to provide an example for use of scipy_tnc and scipy_lbfgsb from openopt ?
Can these solvers work with linear equality constraints ?

Thanks
Eli