[SciPy-user] Usage of PyDSTool

Fabrice Silva silva@lma.cnrs-mrs...
Sun Aug 10 09:53:41 CDT 2008

Le samedi 09 août 2008 à 11:58 -0400, Rob Clewley a écrit :
> http://www.math.pitt.edu/~bard/bardware/tut/xpptut.html
> http://www.math.pitt.edu/~bard/bardware/tut/xpptut2.html

Hi,
thanks for the links,
I wonder I have to provide a textual description of the model of the
dynamical system, either using PyDSTool.args() with varspecs, pars and
fnpecs attributes, or using a xml file in vfgen case.

I do have a python fonction available computing y'=f(y,t). y is a vector
of len 2n+2 corresponding to the real and imaginary parts of n complex
variables p_n evolving as p_n' = Cn*sum(p_n)+sn*p_n, and two others
quantities x and x'.

The dynamics also depends on other time-varying quantities that are
controlled (I do have a analytical expression for them).

All that is defined and computed in a fortran file that is compiled with
f2py. Is there a way to use that with pydstool or should I wrote again
all that stuff with some difficulties as n may vary...
--
Fabrice Silva