[SciPy-user] Usage of PyDSTool

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Sun Aug 10 10:17:18 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Fabrice Silva <silva@lma.cnrs-mrs.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for the links,
> I wonder I have to provide a textual description of the model of the
> dynamical system, either using PyDSTool.args() with varspecs, pars and
> fnpecs attributes, or using a xml file in vfgen case.

> I do have a python fonction available computing y'=f(y,t). y is a vector
> of len 2n+2 corresponding to the real and imaginary parts of n complex
> variables p_n evolving as p_n' = Cn*sum(p_n)+sn*p_n, and two others
> quantities x and x'.

I'm sure Rob can give you pointers for defining your system in PyDSTool.
Unfortunately, the current version of VFGEN doesn't handle vector variables
(i.e. you can have variables like x, y, z, but not x[1], x[2], x[3]), so it
looks
like VFGEN is not an option for you.  The next generation of VFGEN will
handle vectors, but it is still under development.

Cheers,

Warren