[SciPy-user] Conditionally adding items to a list

Roger Herikstad roger.herikstad@gmail....
Tue Aug 26 11:31:59 CDT 2008

Hi,
 My criterion is that no two elements can be closer than a given
threshold, in this case 1000. I am aware that, depending on the
sorting of the lists, the order would matter, and that's why I need to
check each added element against all previously added elements, to
make sure no violations occur. I found David's code to substantially
faster than what I wrote, and the only thing I need to correct for is
that fact that the difference matrix could exceed my available memory.
That being said, I will definitely look into the other examples you
mentioned. Thanks!

~ Roger