[SciPy-user] pyqwt or matplotlib

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 27 13:53:12 CDT 2008

Hi Zach,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu> wrote:

> Out of the box, pyglet ships with a main-loop that uses platform-
> specific code to sleep until a GUI event happens, or after a certain
> time elapses (to enforce a user-specified minimum framerate). Every
> time the loop wakes up, it sends repaint (in pyglet: on_draw) events
> to all of the windows.

[...]

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  It sounds to me like there are
still a few questions on the approach, so I'll leave the decision up
to you.  Just so you know, if at any point you feel you'd like to have
this be part of ipython, it's very simple: put up your own branch of
ipython in launchpad and we'll review it, give you feedback, etc,
until it's ready for inclusion.  Several of us are already keeping our
ipython branches publicly visible and permanently marked for merge, so
it's easy to compare them against the trunk.  For example:

- https://code.launchpad.net/~fdo.perez/ipython/trunk-dev: my main
working copy of trunk for all I do.
- https://code.launchpad.net/~laurent-dufrechou/ipython/trunk-dev: Laurent's
- https://code.launchpad.net/~robert-kern/ipython/contexts: Robert
Kern's, but this one is focused on a specific feature (context
management).

This allows individual developers to expose for review both their
'main' copy of trunk and any feature-specific branches they may want
to create for public comment and review before merging.  In addition,
we have team branches where everyone can directly commit (basically
the equivalent of the svn repo with commit privileges).  I think we're
finally finding a good workflow for ipython that takes advantage of
Launchpad's features to benefit the project.

Cheers,