[SciPy-user] pyqwt or matplotlib

Peter Wang pwang@enthought....
Thu Aug 28 15:56:27 CDT 2008

On Aug 27, 2008, at 7:04 AM, bernardo martins rocha wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> What I'm trying to do is something like this code:
> http://www.krugle.org/examples/p-ytHFYREhpD3udCb8/embedding_in_qt4.py
> But...with a lot of plot windows with two graphs in each (comparing
> different solutions) and for huge arrays....I'll try to do it
> initially
> with matplotlib, and then, if I figure out that it is too slow then
> I'll
> move to PyQwt.

How big are your arrays, and how big is the resolution of your output
devices?

> I had a look at Chaco and it looks really nice, but I don't know if it
> is possible to embed it in a PyQt application like the example
> above. Is
> it possible?

Yes.  Traits UI and Chaco are all compatible with Qt4.  Just set your
ETS_TOOLKIT environment variable to "qt4" before running any of the
Chaco examples.

> Are there some examples/tutorials available?

Yes.  We have a large number of examples.  Every screenshot in the
gallery links to its corresponding source in SVN:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/chaco/gallery.php

I'm still working on the docs (as always), but you can see them in-
progress here:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/chaco/docs/html/index.html

The QuickStart is a good place to start, and you can find the PDF of
my slides from the SciPy tutorial I gave last week in the Tutorials
section:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/chaco/docs/html/user_manual/tutorial.html

You can also ask specific questions on the enthought-dev or chaco-
users mailing lists: