[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries

Robert Ferrell ferrell@diablotech....
Mon Dec 1 12:44:52 CST 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Pierre GM wrote:

> Robert:
> It's always easier to manipulate series withoutmissing data. The trick
> I gave you earlier about computing a moving average after having
> removed the missing dates was that, just a trick. However, I'm
> confident it should work.

It does work quite well.  When I plot I have a few holes in the data
(at holidays), but that's about the only issue I haven't resolved.

> Unfortunately, there's no easy way to define new frequencies, and it's
> not on or todo list either. Frequencies are defined in the C part of
> the code...

How do you (or other users) use the Business frequency?

Also, I get this error when I use tsplot:

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>        Traceback (most recent call
last)

/Users/Shared/Develop/Financial/<ipython console> in <module>()

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5.2001/lib/python2.5/
site-packages/scikits/timeseries/lib/plotlib.py in tsplot(self, *args,
**kwargs)
    1021         # when adding a right axis (using add_yaxis), for
some reason the
    1022         # x axis limits don't get properly set. This gets
around the problem
-> 1023         if self.get_xlim().tolist() == [0., 1.]:
    1024             # if xlim still at default values, autoscale the
axis
    1025             self.autoscale_view()

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'tuple' object has no attribute
'tolist'

That comes up no matter what kind of data or frequency I'm using
(full, valid, etc...).  Is that possibly why the cursor won't give me
x axis position when I mouse around?

thanks again,
-robert