[SciPy-user] scipy on old CPU crashes

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Dec 2 08:52:09 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:36 PM, oyster <lepto.python@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, but scipy-0.7.0b1-win32-superpack-python2.4.exe and
> numpy-1.2.1-win32-superpack-python2.4.exe crash on my old pc too,
> which uses duron 750MHz. So now I think it is not the problem with
> non-sse/sse/sse2 instruction

Ok. Just to be sure it is not a bug in the installer, can you tell me
what the following commands give you ?

python -c "import numpy; print numpy.show_config()"
python -c "import scipy; print scipy.show_config()"

> is there any method to find out the real reason except to compile from
> the source

It may not be easy, and you will need some tools, like a debugger to
get a backtrace. What it the error you get exactly ? Illegal
instruction or something else ?

David