[SciPy-user] os x, intel compilers & mkl, and fink python

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Dec 3 01:29:04 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Gideon Simpson <simpson@math.toronto.edu> wrote:

> I use the fink one mostly because I've already got it installed, but
> I'm not wedded to it.  Must python and numpy/scipy all be built with
> the same compiler?

Depends on the language. For C, it should not matter: every C compiler
on a given platform have to be compatible to a great degree to be of
any use (because the system ABI more or less defines the C ABI). For
fortran or worse C++, you better use the same compiler for every
package.

cheers,

David