[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries DateArray Question

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Wed Dec 3 11:16:14 CST 2008

Hi,

Thanks to Pierre's suggestion of using virtualenv package, I now have a working install of the scikit.timeseries package installed. I have some questions about constructing a timeseries from data in a file. From the file I am reading Year,Month,Day,Hour,Min,Data and I need to convert them to a timeseries. I've been looking through the documentation and the mailing list archive and I'm not sure how to create a DateArray that contains a non uniform list of datetimes. The data is mostly at a 15 minute frequency but sometimes may not fall exactly at 00,15,30,45 mins etc and other times may not be present. All the examples I've seen involve data that is present in a fixed frequency.

ie.

#Year Month Day Hour Min Data
2008 01 01 10 00 2.9
2008 01 01 10 15 3.2
2008 01 01 10 33 3.1
2008 01 01 12 45 3.0
2008 01 02 11 15 3.4

Is there a way to read these dates into a DateArray so I can create a timeseries?

thanks,

- dharhas