[SciPy-user] development timeline for scipy and numpy

Chris Lee c.j.lee@tnw.utwente...
Fri Dec 5 03:11:35 CST 2008

Hi All,

This is just a general enquiry on the timeline for scipy and numpy
development. When these packages move to python 3.0, they won't be 2.x
compatible anymore, right?
When is that move planned?

I am not actually asking for the move to be quick, because I don't
want to rewrite my code. However, if it is going to be soon (and I
want to take advantage of new features in scipy/numpy), then I will
need to do some prep-work in learning 3.0.

I would like to either know that I can forget about it for a while, or
get it scheduled.

Cheers
Chris
Chris Lee
Laser Physics and Nonlinear Optics Group
MESA+ Research Institute for Nanotechnology
University of Twente
Phone: ++31 (0)53 489 3968
fax: ++31 (0)53 489 1102