[SciPy-user] scikit.timeseries plotting bugs?

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Fri Dec 5 13:44:26 CST 2008

Pierre,

> Don't use set_xlim on the plot, unless you understand how it works.
> Integers are associated with each date of a time_series, depending on
> its frequency. You need to set the xlims to integers that are
> compatible wth your series.
> The easiest by far is to use the `set_datelimits` method of your plot.

I tried your suggestion and if you look at the attached JDM2_2.gif, you can see that the minor ticks don't align with the major ticks and for some reason 2006 appears twice. JDM2_1.gif is the same plot without using set_datelimits()

code :

startdate = ts.Date(freq='D',year=startdate.year,month=startdate.month,day=startdate.day)
enddate = ts.Date(freq='D',year=enddate.year,month=enddate.month,day=enddate.day)
fig = tpl.tsfigure()
fsp = fig.add_tsplot(111)
fsp.tsplot(fseries_freq, 'r',label='data')
fsp.tsplot(mseries_freq, 'b',label='model')
fsp.set_ylim(0,35)
fsp.set_datelimits(start_date=startdate,end_date=enddate)

- dharhas