[SciPy-user] Problemds building NumPy with Python 2.6 / MinGW 3.4.5 on Windows XP SP3

Sat Dec 6 23:01:39 CST 2008

Peter Maas wrote:
> David Cournapeau schrieb:
>
>> Could you give the full build log, after having made sure to remove the
>> build directory ? Because I have never seen this error: None, and
>> without more context, it is difficult to see what could be wrong.
>>

> Hi David,

The underlying problem is that you don't have mingw in your PATH (you
should be able to run gcc from the command line). I don't know yet why
with python 2.6 the error is not explicit (with 2.5, you get a failure
later, and you know it is because gcc.exe is not found). Adding
mingw\bin into your PATH should solve the problem.

I can't spend much time on this ATM, but for the record, the problem is
in distutils.command.config.

David