[SciPy-user] scikit.timeseries plotting bugs?

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Mon Dec 8 08:00:48 CST 2008

> The problem with the year showing up twice should be fixed in svn now. I've
> fixed a few issues with plotting recently so please test your plots with the new
> code and let me know if you encounter any problems.

I tried installing the svn version and I got the following error :

File "/home/dharhas/.virtualenvs/ts/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line 781, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
    config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
  File "/home/dharhas/downloads/software/scipy/timeseries/setup.py", line 81, in configuration

  File "/home/dharhas/.virtualenvs/ts/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line 1239, in add_scripts
    dist.scripts.extend(scripts)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extend'

Do I need to remove the earlier version first?

>> I tried your suggestion and if you look at the attached JDM2_2.gif, you can
>> see that the minor ticks don't align with the major ticks
>
> Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? The only problem I see in your two
> graphs is the year showing up twice.

Well I guess my question is what do the minor ticks represent. If they represent weeks they look ok but if they are subdivisions of the major ticks then they should have the same spacing between any two major ticks.

- dharhas