[SciPy-user] from scipy import * -- was: [Scipy-tickets] #635:update the old scipy tutorial and

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Mon Dec 8 11:28:30 CST 2008

+ 1

I started using python/numpy/scipy in the past year and am trying to break the habit of using 'from scipy import *' that I picked up while trying out the examples and tutorials. I already have a fair number of scripts that I need to convert from when I didn't know better.

- dharhas

Sebastian Haase wrote:
> It would be nice to hear if others also feel (somewhat) strongly about this ....

+1

The best way to break bad habits is to never learn them in the first place.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant