[SciPy-user] fftw and scipy 0.7

Gabriel Beckers beckers@orn.mpg...
Thu Dec 11 07:55:48 CST 2008

Hi,

I see that in the new scipy (0.7) only fftpack (NETLIB) remains for fft.
I understand the reasons for this, but for my application (filtering
gigabytes of neurophysiological data) fft speed differences really lead
to very significant speed differences.

What would the best way of using fftw, now that the wrappers are gone.
Cython? Weave? I haven't used either of these yet, but would look into
them if someone could confirm that that would be a good idea in order to
solve my problem. I vaguely remember having seen an example somewhere,
but I can't find it anymore.

Best,
Gabriel