[SciPy-user] Density plot

Yuni Kim yuniyunigis@yahoo....
Thu Dec 11 12:00:13 CST 2008

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how to make a density plot, more specifically a
gaussian-smoothed version of a histogram?  I mean, it's not the plot itself, but to get the maximum count (or
highest peak) of the density distribution.

In S plus and R, there is the "density" function which I can use to
get the max x and  y in the probability frequency distribution.

I was told that, in scipy, there is a kernel density estimator for non-parametric density estimation, and fit the
"Gaussian smoothed version of the histogram" when used with Gaussian kernels.  So far I haven't suceeded finding the function.

I really appreciate if anyone can help in any way!

thank you!