[SciPy-user] information on statistical functions

Timmie timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Thu Dec 18 13:30:05 CST 2008

Hello,
although there were many explanations, I am still trying to find the right
correlations function.

When I import my data in excel or openoffice calc and apply the correlation
function (=correlate) there, I get a totally different result (+0.9) than with
np.correlate( 5e+23).
I am not shure whether
a) I am still using the wrong function in numpy/scipy
b) the excel-calulations are wrong. But I am pretty sure that they are not
because Openoffice Calc gives the same results.

A hint is very welcome here.

There was an earlier discussion here:

Regression report like in Excel -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.user/9537