[SciPy-user] Need Help: Linear Programming

Aditya Sethi ady.sethi@gmail....
Sun Dec 21 23:10:09 CST 2008

Hi SciPy community:

I have recently started using SciPy and NumPy and have absolutely fallen in
love with the vast libraries. It has made my job much easier using
Interpolation and Linear Algrebra from the SciPy modules. Hopefully in the
future, I can contribute to the SciPy community.

I have been stuck in finding a linear programming solver via the Simplex
method or any other widely used method. I searched further and found OpenOpt
in SciKits but am reluctant to use this as it is not under the control of
the SciPy community.

But my friend assures me that sine SciPy has a lot more complex Non-linear
programming solvers, there must be something for Linear Programming in there
but I am not able to find it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help..
Aditya Sethi