[SciPy-user] Python on Intel Xeon Dual Core Machine

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella@gmail....
Sat Feb 2 09:22:14 CST 2008

Dear All,
I am currently using a Python script on my box to post-process some
data (the process typically involves operations on 5000 by 5000
arrays).
The Python script also relies heavily on some R scripts (imported via
Rpy) and a compiled Fortran 90 routine (imported via f2py).
I have recently made a new Debian testing installation for the amd64
architecture on my machine [an Intel Xeon Dual-core pc] so I wonder if
there is any way to take advantage of both CPU's when running that
script.
Is it something which can be achieved "automatically" by installing
and calling some libraries? Do I have to re-write and re-think my
whole script?
As you can figure out, I am completely new to multi-core machines and
running codes in parallel.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Many thanks

Lorenzo