[SciPy-user] FFTN usage

Brad Malone brad.malone@gmail....
Fri Feb 8 19:33:02 CST 2008

Hi, I am wanting to do a 3-dimensional Fourier transform of a grid of
values using fftn but I am unsure as to how to properly input the
array.  This may be very basic but it's my first time doing a
multidimensional fourier transform in any language, so I greatly
appreciate any answers to 'stupid' questions I might have.

So let's say I have a grid of values with [i,j,k] where i,j,k each go
from 0 to 3. How do I compute the Fourier transform of this grid using
fftn?  Is the first argument a 1D array that goes through my 3D array
along some standard path (last column goes fastest, or something like
this?), or is the first argument actually a 3D array itself?  I looked
at the documentation but it wasn't clear to me.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Brad