[SciPy-user] how to import umfpack?

Robin robince@gmail....
Tue Feb 12 10:45:49 CST 2008

I was thinking that despite the lack of a dependency from __umfpack.so
to libumfpack, libamd, libatlas etc. there are no underfined
references shown by ldd -r (shown in earlier post) other than the Py*
and a couple of _gfortran functions. So it doesn't seem that there are
any umf related functions linked into this file.

Could there be something going wrong with distutils during the build
of the umfpack module?

I've also tried compiling UMFPACK many times, with every permutation
of options in UFconfig.mk that I can get to build successfully, but
each time (on rebuilding scipy, including deleting site_packages/scipy
and build directory) the result is the same.

Cheers,

Robin