[SciPy-user] disabling fftw3 during scipy build

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Wed Feb 13 18:32:40 CST 2008

Hi all,

I would be happy to start producing OS X eggs of scipy for
distribution. At our site, we build scipy with fftw3 from MacPorts. I
know the preference is to build eggs for release without the fftw3
dependency. Is there a way to turn off linking with fftw3 during the
scipy build process, even if fftw3 is present on the system? I can
disable fftw3 via MacPorts, build, then re-enable, but I'd prefer to
keep the build process a little more contained. Forgive me if rkern's
already told us all how to do this years ago...

Barry