[SciPy-user] numpy install errors

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Feb 18 11:46:18 CST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 11:22 AM, Alastair Basden <a.g.basden@durham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> thanks for the reply - my LDFLAGS and CFLAGS are not set... should they
> be?

No. How is this flag getting set, then?
"-L/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/blas/gcc/lib64"

> I have had to edit my numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py file replacing
> 'g77' with 'gfortran', though am not sure this is the problem, since I
> have had it compiling previously...

Okay, that's wrong, but probably not the cause of your problem.
Instead, to use gfortran, do this:

  $ python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gnu95 build

> Any further ideas?  It seems to be having problems finding basic python
> functions eg PyImport_ImportModule etc (hundreds not found).

Can you show us the full output of running the above command? If you
have a site.cfg file, please provide it.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco