[SciPy-user] disabling fftw3 during scipy build

Tue Feb 19 03:17:07 CST 2008

Barry Wark wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Heh. I've always used the default, whatever that is. I have gfortran
> installed separately (see previous post), so I assume fftw-3 is built
> with that...
>
> Like Adam said, I'd stay away from g95 and stick with gfortran.

What is really important is not to mix g95 and gfortran (or g77 for that
matter). I am not sure whether mac os X supports ldd, but when you see a
fortran problem, always check that all your extensions use the same
fortran runtime (if you see both g2c and gfortran, for example, you can
be sure you will have problems).

cheers,

David