[SciPy-user] How to tell scipy setup that I have a INTEL fortran ATLAS/BLAS/LAPACK instead of g77

Sat Feb 23 04:21:26 CST 2008

Berthold Höllmann wrote:
> (Message resent, i was not subscribed, so yesterdays version reached
> the moderator only)
>
> No matter what I do, I can't tell scipy to use the INTEL fortran API
> conventions instead of the g77 conventions for fortran routine names
> containing underscores:
>
> hoel@pc047299:scipy-0.6.0 nm /usr/local/gltools/linux/lib/libf77blas_ifc91.so.3.8|grep atl_f77wrap_dtrsv
> 0000cfe0 T atl_f77wrap_dtrsv_
> hoel@pc047299:scipy-0.6.0 nm build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/scipy/linsolve/_zsuperlu.so| grep atl_f77wrap_dtrsv
>          U atl_f77wrap_dtrsv__
>
> How can I set up scipy in a way that superlu tries to access
> atl_f77wrap_dtrsv_ instead of atl_f77wrap_dtrsv__?

Hi,

    You don't give enough details to answer you completely (which
compiler are you using for ATLAS and for numpy), but assuming you did
compile atlas with intel compiler and numpy with g77, this will not
work. You cannot tell g77 to follow "intel" convention (different
mangling is only the tip of the iceberg; other issues are more subtle
and more difficult to track). You should use the same fortran compiler
for numpy and for atlas. Mixing fortran compilers is not a good idea,
and will often give unpredictable results.

    If your problem is telling numpy to be compiled with intel fortran
compiler, than this is what you should use:

python setup.py build --fcompiler=intel

cheers,

David