[SciPy-user] Trying to build scipy 32-bit on a 64-bit machine

Jeremy Mayes jeremy.mayes@gmail....
Sun Feb 24 12:34:18 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to build scipy for a target of i686 ( i.e., 32-bit ) but on an
x86_64 host using gcc/4.1.1.  I've been struggling with this and haven't
seen any reference in the archives ( I apologize if I missed it ).

I've been trying to set CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to pass -m32, but, I get
undefined symbol errors ( MAIN__ ).  If I just let it run, then, I get
errors with LONG_BIT defined in pyport.h ( python successfully build 32-bit
).

Any pointers?

--
--jlm