[SciPy-user] Would anyone connect fortran constrained linear least squares solver to Python?

Dominique Orban dominique.orban@gmail....
Sun Jan 6 20:49:46 CST 2008

On Dec 26, 2007 12:29 PM, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had noticed (from traffic statistics): lots of people are interested
> in linear least squares problems (LLSP). However, scipy has only
> unconstrained LAPACK dGELSS/sGELSS.
>
> Could anyone provide connection of the fortran-written solver to Python
> (or connect it to scipy)?
>
> http://netlib3.cs.utk.edu/toms/587
> (that one can handle linear eq and ineq constraints)
>
> Then I would gladly provide connection of the one to scikits.openopt.

Hi Dmitrey,

Please note that NLPy now features a pure Python version of Michael
Saunders' LSQR for unconstrained linear least-squares:
http://nlpy.sf.net

Regarding the Netlib Fortran code, can't we use f2py?

Cheers,
Dominique