[SciPy-user] SciPy-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18

Juan Martinez jmartinezs@sii...
Thu Jan 10 09:22:49 CST 2008


Lorenzo, Stef... Thank you very much for your help, It was very usefull

Juan 

-----Mensaje original-----
De: scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org [mailto:scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org] En
nombre de scipy-user-request@scipy.org
Enviado el: Jueves, 10 de Enero de 2008 12:10
Para: scipy-user@scipy.org
Asunto: SciPy-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18

Send SciPy-user mailing list submissions to
	scipy-user@scipy.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	scipy-user-request@scipy.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
	scipy-user-owner@scipy.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of SciPy-user digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've a	little
      question (lorenzo bolla)
   2. Re: I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've a	little
      question (Alan G Isaac)
   3. Re: I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've a	little
      question (lorenzo bolla)
   4. Re: Mie (lorenzo bolla)
   5. Re: Mie (Stef Mientki)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:53:59 +0100
From: "lorenzo bolla" <lbolla@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've
	a	little question
To: jmartinezs@sii.cl, "SciPy Users List" <scipy-user@scipy.org>
Message-ID:
	<80c99e790801100653w3e0fa02buc9bab34c2a25d46@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

no idea...
but if you use numpy, no problem!


#import numarray as N
import numpy as N
import scipy.linalg as S

ar = N.array([[4.0, -2.0, 1.0], \
            [-2.0, 4.0, -2.0], \
            [1.0, -2.0, 3.0]])
print 'Before det() ar = \n', ar

print N.det(ar)                                                     # Get
determinant of ar
print 'After det() ar = \n', ar


hth,
L.


On 1/10/08, Juan Martinez <jmartinezs@sii.cl> wrote:
>
>  Hello Everybody:
>
> I'm a newbie user of Scipy, and i try to get a determinant of a 
> matrix, but the matrix object is modified for the method det() of 
> linalg
>
> A little piece of with example..
>
> CODE
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> # coding: latin-1
>
> # Modules import
> from numarray import *
> from scipy.linalg import *
>
> ar = array([[4.0, -2.0, 1.0], \
>             [-2.0, 4.0, -2.0], \
>             [1.0, -2.0, 3.0]])
> print 'Before det() ar = \n', ar
>
> print det(ar)                                                     # Get
> determinant of ar
> print 'After det() ar = \n', ar
>
> END CODE
>
>
> ON SCREEN
>
> Before det() ar =
> [[ 4. -2.  1.]
>  [-2.  4. -2.]
>  [ 1. -2.  3.]]
> After det() ar =
> [[ 4.   -0.5   0.25]
>  [-2.    3.   -0.5 ]
>  [ 1.   -1.5   2.  ]]
>
> END OUTPUT
>
> Please, help me to know what i'm doing wrong.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-user mailing list
> SciPy-user@scipy.org
> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>
>


--
Lorenzo Bolla
lbolla@gmail.com
http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/attachments/20080110/9a8ea20c
/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:55:18 -0500
From: Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu>
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've
	a	little question
To: scipy-user@scipy.org
Message-ID: <Mahogany-0.67.0-348-20080110-095518.00@american.edu>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=UTF-8

I no longer have numarray, but that is probably not the issue. I do not see
this behavior with the NumPy and SciPy Windows binaries.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac


Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310
32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpy as N
>>> N.__version__
'1.0.4'
>>> import scipy as S
>>> S.__version__
'0.6.0'
>>> import numpy.linalg as L
>>> ar = N.array([[4.0, -2.0, 1.0], \
...             [-2.0, 4.0, -2.0], \
...             [1.0, -2.0, 3.0]])
>>> ar
array([[ 4., -2.,  1.],
       [-2.,  4., -2.],
       [ 1., -2.,  3.]])
>>> L.det(ar)
24.0
>>> ar
array([[ 4., -2.,  1.],
       [-2.,  4., -2.],
       [ 1., -2.,  3.]])
>>> import scipy.linalg as Ls
>>> Ls.det(ar)
24.0
>>> ar
array([[ 4., -2.,  1.],
       [-2.,  4., -2.],
       [ 1., -2.,  3.]])




------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:55:53 +0100
From: "lorenzo bolla" <lbolla@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] I'm a newbie in Python ans SciPy... so i've
	a	little question
To: jmartinezs@sii.cl, "SciPy Users List" <scipy-user@scipy.org>
Message-ID:
	<80c99e790801100655i2548098fhdc26e7120796007f@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

ops, I meant:

print S.det(ar)                                                     # Get
determinant of ar
sorry for the noise,
L.

On 1/10/08, lorenzo bolla <lbolla@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> no idea...
> but if you use numpy, no problem!
>
>
> #import numarray as N
> import numpy as N
> import scipy.linalg as S
>
> ar = N.array([[4.0, -2.0, 1.0], \
>             [-2.0, 4.0, -2.0], \
>             [1.0, -2.0, 3.0]])
> print 'Before det() ar = \n', ar
>
> print N.det(ar)                                                     # Get
> determinant of ar
> print 'After det() ar = \n', ar
>
>
> hth,
> L.
>
>
>  On 1/10/08, Juan Martinez <jmartinezs@sii.cl> wrote:
>
> >  Hello Everybody:
> >
> > I'm a newbie user of Scipy, and i try to get a determinant of a 
> > matrix, but the matrix object is modified for the method det() of 
> > linalg
> >
> > A little piece of with example..
> >
> > CODE
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/env python
> > # coding: latin-1
> >
> > # Modules import
> > from numarray import *
> > from scipy.linalg import *
> >
> > ar = array([[4.0, -2.0, 1.0], \
> >             [-2.0, 4.0, -2.0], \
> >             [1.0, -2.0, 3.0]])
> > print 'Before det() ar = \n', ar
> >
> > print det(ar)                                                     # Get
> > determinant of ar
> > print 'After det() ar = \n', ar
> >
> > END CODE
> >
> >
> > ON SCREEN
> >
> > Before det() ar =
> > [[ 4. -2.  1.]
> >  [-2.  4. -2.]
> >  [ 1. -2.  3.]]
> > After det() ar =
> > [[ 4.   -0.5   0.25]
> >  [-2.    3.   -0.5 ]
> >  [ 1.   -1.5   2.  ]]
> >
> > END OUTPUT
> >
> > Please, help me to know what i'm doing wrong.
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > SciPy-user mailing list
> > SciPy-user@scipy.org
> > http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Lorenzo Bolla
> lbolla@gmail.com
> http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/




--
Lorenzo Bolla
lbolla@gmail.com
http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/attachments/20080110/1e0766ab
/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:58:43 +0100
From: "lorenzo bolla" <lbolla@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] Mie
To: "SciPy Users List" <scipy-user@scipy.org>
Message-ID:
	<80c99e790801100658g98d57b3i399bf8501cad993a@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

If you found it, or if you'd like to write your own, please let me know.
I'm trying to collect some useful electromagnetic routines in one package
called EMpy (empy.sourceforge.net) and a piece of code like this might be a
useful inclusion.

Regards,
Lorenzo


On 1/10/08, Lars Friedrich <lfriedri@imtek.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> is there some open source code for Python/scipy that will compute the 
> Mie coefficients in light scattering for different particle sizes, 
> refractive indices, and scattering angles?
>
> Lars
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-user mailing list
> SciPy-user@scipy.org
> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>



--
Lorenzo Bolla
lbolla@gmail.com
http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/attachments/20080110/c1571d63
/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:10:01 +0100
From: Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ru.nl>
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] Mie
To: SciPy Users List <scipy-user@scipy.org>
Message-ID: <47863549.8030505@ru.nl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

hi Lorenzo,

lorenzo bolla wrote:
> If you found it, or if you'd like to write your own, please let me know.
> I'm trying to collect some useful electromagnetic routines in one 
> package called EMpy (empy.sourceforge.net
> <http://empy.sourceforge.net>) and a piece of code like this might be 
> a useful inclusion.
it this of any interest ?
  http://www.mare.ee/indrek/ephi/

cheers,
Stef
>  
> Regards,
> Lorenzo
>
>  
> On 1/10/08, *Lars Friedrich* <lfriedri@imtek.de 
> <mailto:lfriedri@imtek.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     is there some open source code for Python/scipy that will compute the
>     Mie coefficients in light scattering for different particle sizes,
>     refractive indices, and scattering angles?
>
>     Lars
>     _______________________________________________
>     SciPy-user mailing list
>     SciPy-user@scipy.org <mailto:SciPy-user@scipy.org>
>     http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>
>
>
>
> --
> Lorenzo Bolla
> lbolla@gmail.com <mailto:lbolla@gmail.com> 
> http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
>
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-user mailing list
> SciPy-user@scipy.org
> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>   


Het UMC St Radboud staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het
handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre is listed in the Commercial
Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.




------------------------------

_______________________________________________
SciPy-user mailing list
SciPy-user@scipy.org
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user


End of SciPy-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18
******************************************



More information about the SciPy-user mailing list