[SciPy-user] is there an equivalent of ICALAB ?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Sat Jan 12 04:24:43 CST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 1:04 AM, Gabriel J.L. Beckers <beckers@orn.mpg.de> wrote:
> And now that I am at it: if there are people interested in getting more
> blind source separation (BSS) techniques into SciPy, we should organize
> something to get this going. In neuroscience and other fields BSS/ICA is
> becoming increasingly important. It is a pity to see that there are so
> many good open source initiatives in neuroscience (e.g. EEGLAB and
> Chronux) that are based on MATLAB, while I am sure that by now everybody
> (user/programmer/taxpayer) would be much better off if they used Python.

There is definite interest.  I know at least a few people who have
been talking about working on this as well.  I have to go to sleep
now, but just wanted to voice my agreement.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley