[SciPy-user] is there an equivalent of ICALAB ?

Stef Mientki s.mientki@ru...
Sat Jan 12 11:02:19 CST 2008

Emanuele Olivetti wrote:
> Stef Mientki wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> I would love to do some tests with ICALAB
>>   http://www.bsp.brain.riken.jp/ICALAB/ICALABSignalProc/
>> but don't want to go back to MatLab ;-)
>>
>> Is there something (similar) available in SciPy ?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Stef Mientki
>>

> If you are looking for ICA you can use MDP (no, it is not
> Markov Decision Process :) but Modular toolkit for
> Data Processing):
>
> http://mdp-toolkit.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html
>
> It is based on numpy.
>
> Here you can find a list of algorithms implemented, some
> of them being ICA (CuBICA, FastICA):
>
> http://mdp-toolkit.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html#node-list

thank you all guys,
> It has not GUI. And I'm very happy of that.

I hope, you mean  "I'm very happy that there's a non-GUI interface" ;-)

At least for me the MatLab interface is far more easier to evaluate if
these technics are of any value for my kind of signals.

cheers,
Stef Mientki