[SciPy-user] Memory leak in delaunay interpolator

Rob Hetland hetland@tamu....
Thu Jan 17 03:02:02 CST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 7:10 AM, Robert Kern wrote:

>> I am not sure if the patch from #382 has been applied to svn
>> trunk, I am
>> still finding my way around scipy.
>
> It got applied in the scikits tree, where it now lives.

I just reinstalled the latest scikits.delaunay package, and I am
getting a segfault right away, in the first interp statement.  With
the older version from the scipy.sandbox, I was getting a slow memory
leak that would segfault after many (thousands of) interpolator/
interp calls.

These code bases are different, primarily in the _delaunay.cpp file.
However, my C is bad, and my C++ is worse, so I am useless beyond
diffing the files...

I just wanted to point out that there are perhaps two separate issues
here.

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331