[SciPy-user] [ANN] numscons 0.3.0 release

Fri Jan 25 05:30:34 CST 2008

Neal Becker wrote:
> Is numscons specific to numpy/scipy, or is it for building arbitrary python
> extensions (replacing distutils?).  I'm hoping for the latter.
Depends on what you mean by numpy/scipy distutils: it can certainly
build any python extensions.

It does not replace distutils (numscons uses distutils for packaging,
compiling py to pyc, pyo, etc...). In theory, it would be possible to
use scons for everything, but this would be a huge task I will certainly
not tackle in the foreseeable future.

cheers,

David