[SciPy-user] openopt: which NLP solver?

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Fri Jan 25 06:04:08 CST 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>     > P.S.: I'm having some troubles building openopt in ubuntu gutsy.
>     > "sudo python setup.py install" works but "python setup.py build"
>     > does not, requiring a previously installed "scikits" package. How
>     > can I install openopt in a custom path instead of
>     /usr/local/lib/... ?
>     >
>     Try using "python setup.py", it must ask you what to do (cho0se
>     install)
>     and destination (choose your own)
>

> This is a known issue that dmitrey _must_ fix when he has time. The
> issue shows up because a lot of paths are added to sys.path, Robert
> already gave him the solution.
>
> Matthieu
Yes, and this is one of issues why (as I had informed some month ago) I
don't want openopt being part of scipy: I have no enough time to satisfy
all those (changing from time to time) strict requirements to docstring
standards, unittests, build system etc. I still intend to fix the build
issue, but in future, when I'll have enough time. It requires changing
"from ... import ..." for all openopt files.
Regards, D.