[SciPy-user] Installation on Intel OS X.5 leopard: libcc_dynamic problem

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jan 25 15:59:24 CST 2008

Nami Mowlavi wrote:
> Hello,
> I try to compile on an Intel mac osx.5 macBook pro, following
> the guidelines from  http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X,
> but with the package downloaded
> from svn at
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy
>
> The commands for my installation are:
>
> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> python setup.py build_src build_clib --fcompiler=gnu95 build_ext
>              --fcompiler=gnu95 build
> sudo python setup.py install
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> ld: library not found for -lcc_dynamic
>
> Below are more messages. Does anybody know how to proceed?

You cannot use g77 with Python universal binaries. You need to use gfortran, as
mentioned on the web page. You can get a binary from here:

   http://r.research.att.com/tools/

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."