[SciPy-user] compare two csv files

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem@gmx...
Mon Jan 28 15:11:03 CST 2008

Hi to all,

sorry for the bad question... actually I might be in the
wrong group...

At the beginning I thought, that I only have to compare two
columns with numbers in it, but now the two columns could
look like:

1st column:
1
2
3

2nd column:
0
5
1

So the result should be a list with entries, which exist in
both lists like '1'.
A little bit more difficult would be two lists with number
and characters.
E.g. the lists could look like:

1st column:
1.test
2.test
123.test
123.Test

2nd column:
0.test
123_test
5.test
123.Test

The searching/comparing should produce two lists; one with
the 'double' fuzzy entries like '123.test' and '123.Test'.

Would be nice, if anyone can help!?
Thanks!
Fabian