[SciPy-user] openopt vs. cvxopt, 'f' vs. 'd','z'

Mclean Edwards mcleane@math.ubc...
Wed Jan 30 13:21:42 CST 2008

The numbers turn out to be the same, as I had previously made an error on
my end.  (I needed r.xf[-1] for my optimal value instead of r.ff, due
to a problem transformation.)
The speed for openopt-cvxopt and cvxopt are
also comparable (~15% overhead for a couple of runs on small problems).

Dmitrey, you deserve some praise.  Openopt is a good package, and I am
very glad you are developing it.  When I'm finally able to get some
preliminary code done myself, I would be glad to contribute.

I'm off to play around some more with the NLP solvers.

Cheers,

Mclean