[SciPy-user] odepack or f2py error

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jul 10 14:30:33 CDT 2008

Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:13:55 +0200, Fabrice Silva wrote:

> Hi,
> Using odeint, I've got an "Internal error" when the maximum number of
> steps is reached :
>          lsoda--  at current t (=r1), mxstep (=i1) steps
>                taken on this call before reaching tout
>               In above message,  I1 =      2000
>         At line 1991 of file scipy/integrate/odepack/ddasrt.f (unit = 6,
>         file = 'stdout')
>         Internal Error: printf is broken
>               In above message,  R1 =f
>         fab@laptop$
>
> as "printf is broken", I can not know the instant when it breaks... I'm
> not sure the internal error is due to odeint or to f2py, as it seems
> that I've already seen this problem out of odeint.
>
> Any suggestion ?

What Fortran compiler are you using? Some old version of gfortran perhaps?

I think this "Internal Error:" message is from your Fortran compiler.
Googling for it brings up several messages referring to gfortran, so it's
likely this is a gfortran bug (possibly fixed in newer versions).

--
Pauli Virtanen