[SciPy-user] odepack or f2py error

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Jul 12 07:22:36 CDT 2008

Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:32:29 +0200, Fabrice Silva wrote:

> Le jeudi 10 juillet 2008 à 19:30 +0000, Pauli Virtanen a écrit :
>> What Fortran compiler are you using? Some old version of gfortran
>> perhaps?
>
> I do have gfortran installed
>
>         fab@Portable-s2m:~$ gfortran --version GNU Fortran (Debian
>         4.3.1-6) 4.3.1
>
> How can I check gfortran is used by f2py ?

Look at the output when scipy is compiled, or try to ldd scipy/integrate/
vode.so and check if it's linked with libgfortran.

>> I think this "Internal Error:" message is from your Fortran compiler.
>> Googling for it brings up several messages referring to gfortran, so
>> it's likely this is a gfortran bug (possibly fixed in newer versions).
>
> I am using debian unstable, by weekly upgrade. I remember using printf
> calls for debugging last year without any error. I have looked at the
> gfortran bugzilla, but I did not see any bugs which seems similar to
> this one...

It would help if you can write a minimal testcase for this, ie. what
arguments to give to odeint so that it produces this error.

It's probably best to continue the discussion here:

	http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/696

so that the information is archived on a single place.

--
Pauli Virtanen