[SciPy-user] -lf77compat failure - SciPy on AMD64 Sun Studio

david cournape@gmail....
Tue Jul 15 15:28:16 CDT 2008

> > me know if someone would like me to send out the build failure output for
> > scipy.

One thing which I had problems with on solaris (open solaris with sun studio
express, that is a bit different than the version we are talking about here)
was C++ code in sparsetools. Some weird missing symbols related to RTTI (g++
builds and link the thing ok).

Except that, I could build and test numpy and scipy correctly with Sun studio
express and sun perf  libraries, but using numscons. I did not feel like
supporting sunperf in numpy.distutils,

cheers,

David