[SciPy-user] -lf77compat failure - SciPy on AMD64 Sun Studio

david cournape@gmail....
Tue Jul 15 16:27:31 CDT 2008

david <cournape <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > me know if someone would like me to send out the build failure output for
> > > scipy.
>
> One thing which I had problems with on solaris (open solaris with sun studio
> express, that is a bit different than the version we are talking about here)
> was C++ code in sparsetools. Some weird missing symbols related to RTTI (g++
> builds and link the thing ok).

Ok, I found out the problem: when using some features of C++, the sun C++
compiler needs additional libraries... The one I needed so far was Crun.
Appending -lCrun to the C++ link command seems to work.

Now, I got some segfaults in sparse unit tests, but that may be caused by recent
changes to it.

cheers,

David