[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Wed Jul 16 10:52:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
> I don't know what is easiest solution here, currently you
> could use zip-file from OO installation page (~ 10 Mb,
> contains all scikits from latest svn automatically
> generated by Trac).

Hi Dmitrey,

Since this is a real problem for cross platform use,
it needs to be addressed.

As a rule, two files with the same name expect for
capitalization is a bad idea.  Clearly these names
do not distinguish the file content.

Additionally, the two files contain serious DRY/SPOT
violations <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_repeat_yourself>
so it looks like this bug report offers a chance to address
those as well.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac